Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I've always hated it when Science is paired against Religion.

 SCIENCE VS RELIGION. It's such an obtuse comparison. As if it's all one or the other. Any religious person who denies all scientific theory is a... silly goose and not worth taking your time to talk to. They're too far gone, I think the biblical word is "foolish."

If God created the world, He created the science and math that explain it as well. That simple.

Big Bang? Absolutely! Why wouldn't there be a scientific explanation behind the creation of the world. Why would the most powerful being in the universe have to break his own rules? To me that doesn't disprove Him, it makes Him way more freaking amazing.

I believe in miracles. But I also believe that when people are healed miraculously, or extremely quickly, it doesn't just happen, there are massive influxes in white blood cells and all the other cool stuff that the body does to that area to heal itself. God, but also scientific.

Evolution, Natural Selection, yes. Animals and humans have adapted to better suit their environments. It's been proven! Once again, that doesn't disprove God, it makes his creative abilities even more complex and amazing!

From the atheist side though, it's not that simple to conjoin. Faith in human understanding is seen as predominantly superior to a faith in supernatural guidance.

Here's why:


Here's the story about the girl if you haven't heard.

No one has ever started a war over scientific theory.
Scientific discovery invites people to play together. To explore the world and see what can be accomplished. Together.

It unites.

Religion... well, it separates. It says "I'M RIGHT!" and "YOU'RE WRONG!" and then waits for death to prove so.

Science says "I think this... but you think that...let's work together to figure it out who's right!" Then they play. Eventually one of them is proven correct and they both celebrate!

It's one of the reasons I respect atheists so much.

Secretly...sometimes I want to be one of them... 

Sometimes I'm a little lot embarrassed by religion.

"It's not a religion! It's a relationship!" - Said every religious person ever.

I think it's the humility in which you have to approach with world as an atheist that makes me so drawn to them. They are far more likely than Christians to look at the world and say "Ohhh myyyy God." and then be drawn into a relationship with creation.

Prayer

God, make me a person that can draw others into a realization of you and this world. Help me and others look at the complexities of this world and want to know more about IT and YOU. That we might see the world in a way that makes us say "Oh, MY God."



No comments:

Post a Comment